Shobdon Parish Council is seeking applications for the position of Clerk and RFO.
Following the resignation of the current Clerk, Shobdon Parish Council are looking to recruit a new Parish Clerk and we are looking for someone who is:
• self-confident in managing their relationships with people at all levels
• able to work independently and effectively
• a good administrator
• able to manage a diverse and at times complex range of work
• keen to be involved in community projects
• able to attend evening meetings of the council once a month.
• Have good IT skills
• holds, is working towards or willing to work towards the CiLCA qualification
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the parish council conducts its business lawfully;
• Administering the council’s financial affairs and keeping proper records;
• Attending all council meetings (the last Monday evening of each month);
• Ensuring that meeting papers are promptly prepared;
• Working on all parish council projects
• Managing communications with other councils and other organisations, and
• Managing communications between councillors, Members of the Public & circulation of correspondence received.
The post is part-time, 12 hours a week, mainly working from home. Working hours are flexible but the post holder must be able to attend the monthly council meetings. We offer excellent terms and conditions of employment. Annual salary is paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Councils and Society of Local Council (NALC/SLCC) salary scales plus a home working allowance. You will be required to be able to store Parish Council records and documents securely.
You can access the full job description and person specification here – Clerk Job Description And Person Specification
Application is by CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the points listed in the person specification. Applications should be sent to [email protected]